Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"Close Up and Private"


Let me just start off by saying that I love Menswear. Womenswear, not so much really. I'm just not one of those girls that gets excited over Christian Louboutin pumps or girly clothes. Exceptions such as something like this YSL apply of course. Thankfully, when he's not chilling in a tee and jeans, my better half has a slightly off-beat dandy-ish style and I live vicariously through his bowtie donning on the occasional night out.
Why am I sharing all this, you ask? Well, this leads me to a very interesting photo-blog project by Ukrainian born photographer Sergei Sviatchenko called Close Up & Private. His latest Spring Summer 2010 lookbook came out last month and this time around almost all his photos are up close shots of boys who adhere to the dandy-ish/ivy league style. Most importantly, I love how he also features girls in ties, ascots, bowtie. Don't get me wrong, I love me some chambray shirts and baracuta jackets, but I just adore this oldschool style of herringbone, tweed and oxford shirting on a woman. It's not often I stumble upon websites that feature men's clothes on women so if anyone knows any, shoot some blogs my way.

Check out an interview with Sergei Sviatchenko in Components of Enthusiasm.

autumn-winter 2009 lookbook

Photos below from Close Up & Private. See the website for a lot more...
































No comments:

Post a Comment